Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Obviously

I haven't been doing enough body weight drills since I got over the H1N1. I know this b/c my shoulders and lats are so so so SO SORE from those push ups I did Sunday. Must endeavor to do more. Going to add a mandatory body weight day back into training and this year, it is official. I AM getting an olympic bar and plates for xmas. It's gonna be a brave new world. I want to be able to hang-clean more than my body weight eventually.
It's gonna get serious in this bitch in 2010!

2 comments:

ATOM ANT said...

I now do bodyweight exercises as my warm up to make sure they are always included. I like the 5 pullups/ 10 pushups/ 15 squats circuit.

On strength days I may do 5 to 10 sets. If I make it a total bodyweight day I'll do 15 to 20 sets.

Fitgirl-ATX said...

Hey Anthony! Glad to hear that you're over the H1N1..also glad to hear that the firehose kicked your butt!! It's such a different feeling than using the ropes..i don't know if it's the grip, the weight, the way the hoses don't really undulate...whatever it is, it's wicked.
anyway, for your Oly-bar + weights, have you been checking Craigslist?? You might be able to score big time there. I have some Oly weight plates that I'm trying to get rid of and possibly an extra Oly bar, so let me know your price range and what you're looking for...