Thursday, June 11, 2009

My New Friend

Is orange and weighs 32KG. That is 2.5 pounds away from being 1/2 of my body weight.

My competition bell was dropped off to my porch yesterday from someone off of the AoS forum and I got one hell of a deal on it.

I got home from work at 8:30 last nite and despite having had a cocktail earlier at a meeting, I had to play with it.

Changed clothes, went outside.

Upon picking it up to go to the park I realized- "wow, this thing is heavy".

It is officially the heaviest bell I have ever used. I was a little nervous about it b/c I wasn't sure what I could do with it. Instead of trying a 'workout', I just played with it. It was so much fun!! Very different doing that much weight. Dynamics totally different.

I wound up doing
3 rounds of 10 swings
3 rounds of 3 windmills R/L
3 rounds of slingshots
3 rounds of btwn the leg passes
3 rounds of 3 cleans R/L
2 rounds of 3 push presses R/L
2 rounds of single rack squats R/L (HARD)
3 rounds of 3 bent over rows R/L
3 rounds of 5 side bends R/L

Then I TRIED to snatch it- not even close. Maybe fresh I would get closer but I dont think I can.

I am going to go old school with this weight and my 24KG. I am going to start doing pressing ladders again with my 24KG. they will be small but I can get 3-5 reps a side with it and that's way more than I could do last year at this time. I can do enoguh with the 24KG to start laddering my pressing.

With the 32Kg its going to be all swings and TGU's.

I will reforge myself born-again-hard with this weight.

By this time next year I want to be doing double 32KG drills. That will be damn near 100% of my bodyweight with bells.

No comments: