Monday, November 3, 2008

Back from the Dead

So after the bachelor party I got sick sick. NOLA gave me the plague. I stayed on the couch all day Monday, got up Tuesday to drive to San Antonio, got there, stayed on my friends couch all day Tuesday and Weds, drinking theraflu and sleeping. Wed nite went to the real estate conference thing and did that until Friday morning.
Friday morning left SA for Austin to meet up with my wife and friends for our friend's wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Skipped out on Halloween madness and passed out at 10PM- still recovering from being sick. Saturday was the wedding. Yay. Sunday we hung around Austin then drove home and hung out at home in the evening then I passed the fuck out.

Up until yesterday evening, I have basically been gone from home since Oct 24th. And because I got tattooed before I left and then got sick in the middle, I haven't done shit or worked out since. It drove me CRAZY. I am talking completely mental. All kinds of neurotic thoughts- "I'm lazy" "I'm fat" "I'm getting fat" "I'm loosing all my strength" "I hate me"- it was relentless. And I was loosing my mind.

Last nite the I didn't think I was ready yet to really work out b/c of being sick so I ran with the wife. Ran a little over a mile, 1/2 decent pace, 1/2 all out and then ended the last 1/4+ of the mile with all-out-max-intensity interval sprints.

Once I got inside, took a shower and changed clothes I felt amazing. Night and day. My attitude totally changed. I am officially a workout junkie. When I cant do it- I literally go through withdrawals and become not-fun.

Today is the big day back. B/c I'm still not feeling 100%, I'm going to do some single 24KG bell work (C&P, squats, snatches), some more running and sprinting, and some kind of core work, maybe RR's, maybe the Newport protocol, or maybe some hanging ab work.

I get tattooed again tomorrow but I wont be taking Wed off. If nothing else I will be sprinting- fuck, I might even do some sprints after I get tattooed. I am back and I am serious.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We are so completely endorphin junkies.