Monday, June 21, 2010

IIIIIIII'MMMMMM BBBAAAAAACCKKKKKK

that's right motherfuckers!

No more periodization for me! Was a great 2+ months and made a lot of progress, esp on pull ups. Got up to 59 in 10min. Swings improved over 20% in #ers in 10min workloads and that was in my heavy weight. On my light weight it was closer to almost 35%.

BUT NOW!

Now I am tackling Zach Even-Esh's year long Underground Beast Manual - http://undergroundstrengthmanual.com/beast/

It is a year long program. Started D1, WK1 today at 7am with my buddy Jonathan who is going to go through it with me. I am not one to workout in hte morning but for it to happne for Jonathan, that's when it's going to have to be. Given that, today went really well....
Week 1 is setting up and getting used to the movements, week 2 will be setting records, week 3 will be BREAKING THEM and week 4 will be de-loading. Then onto a new 3 workouts for the next month. Today was

DL 5x5 w/ 135lbs

1A- floor press w/ 135lbs 4x 4-5
1B- mixed grip pulls to max (front, reverse, hammer grip and wide)

2A cheat hammer curls w/20lb 2x8 (first time I have done any kind of curl in about 8 yrs)
2B push ups max 2x14-15 strict military push ups

4x15 ab circuit (alt leg raises, v-ups, leg raises, planks)
assorted farmers carries

I want to put on 10-15lbs over this year so I am going to sleep MORE, eat MORE, eat a little cleaner and drink LESS.

Here we go. SPPPPPAARRRRRTTTAAANNNNNSSSS- prepare for GLORY!

No comments: